1. Before your activity
In advance of your activity, choose how you would like your images to be used:
- on the Fashion Fictions website only
- on the Fashion Fictions website and in any other project outputs (e.g. presentations, on social media, in books and other publications)
2. When your activity starts
Ensure that the participants in your activity:
- are aware that you will be taking photos in which they may be identifiable, or in which their completed creative work may appear
- understand how the images will be used (i.e. the preference you chose in step 1)
- have the opportunity to confirm whether they are happy to appear (or have their work featured) in the images
It is up to you how to manage this process in a way that suits your setting. For example:
- For a more formal activity, you might ask participants to complete a consent form (and this could be done in advance, perhaps integrated to an activity registration form).
- For a more informal activity, you could explain and secure consent verbally.
- For a drop-in event, you might put up signs to notify participants and give them an opportunity to opt out.
- For an online event, you could explain verbally and give people chance to turn off their camera if they don’t wish to appear in a screengrab photo.
- If your activity involves children, you should secure consent from the parents/guardians.
We have created some sample image consent documents which you can adapt to suit your needs:
Note that we will not ask you to share any completed consent forms with us – they are for your use only. Instead, we will simply ask you to confirm that you gained consent from any participants whose faces or completed creative work is shown.
3. After your activity
Review your images and ensure that you include do not include images of people’s faces (or completed creative work) for anyone who did not confirm their consent.
When you’re ready, go to the image submission form.